26 May 2009

Inspiration (that I could probably do without...)

My mom is kind of crazy. Let me explain. We all (me, Katie, Tim, Jeanie, and Mom) ran a half marathon back in March. It was so cool. I loved it (not necessarily DURING the race). I broke down in tears after I crossed the finish line because running 13.1 miles is a little overwhelming and exhilarating (I think I like that word...). But I decided that 13.1 miles was enough for me. I would never run a full marathon. And then I started to tell people that I had run a half marathon and inevitably the first question out of their mouths was, "When are you going to run a full marathon? If you can do a half you can totally do a full." That still wasn't really enough (but it did get me thinking) to convince me to do a full marathon. I was still resolved to NEVER run a full marathon. That resolve was shattered when my mother told me that she entered the lottery for the St. George Marathon and got accepted to run it! Without even thinking, I was like, "What?! You didn't tell me you were going to sign up!!! I'll train for it with you!" Later I decided that if I'm going to do all that training then I want a race time to show for it. So, as you've probably guessed by now, I've decided to run a full marathon. It's in Mesquite on November 21st. All due to my uber-motivated mother. If anyone is interested let me know and we can keep each other motivated! We can start our own little running club or something. But seriously, I'm glad that my mom is motivated like that because it keeps me on my toes. :-)

3 comments:

The Betitas said...

Wow a full marathon. You guys are some kind of INSANE! That is great though. It inspires me very much. Now, if only I could run one mile...I could cross it off of my list of things I haven't done yet in my life.

Katie said...

Ummm. I'm still thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh you guys are crazy. I think i'm going to stick to my 5 K's and 10 k's. After this sprint triathalon i'll let you know if I will keeps those up. ha ha