26 March 2009

Pie Adventures

I have a culinary arts class this semester and today was the day that we made pastry.  I've made pies with my mom before, but never on my own.  Today was my first pie adventure alone.  The teacher gave us a demo and then set us to work. Here is how mine turned out:
I think it turned out pretty good. I had never done the lattice top or the fluted edges before!  I really enjoyed making it!

5 comments:

melanie said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wow. that is the prettiest pie. Makes me want to eat it all up... except I don't like pie oh and also, even if I did, I still wouldn't be able to. BUT it's still the prettiest pie I have ever seen

Katie said...

Wow! Now - can you do that with a rice flour pastry?? Cause I want to eat some!

Anonymous said...

How do you overlap the stuff? Do you do it before you put it on the pie? and most important... did you get to eat it as part of the grade?

Tevye said...

Ze pie was good!