30 March 2009

Stress Relief

I just read Rachel's post about stress.  It got me thinking about the ways in which I try to relieve the stresses in my life.  I run.  I read.  I drive.  I cook.  I clean.  I walk.  I hike.  I laugh. And boy, when I'm stressed out, I laugh long and hard!  All of these are great ways that I've found work for me.  I also do yoga.  Yoga is really good at relieving stress because while you are doing yoga, you try to keep you mind focused only on the movements of your body and your breathing.  You don't worry about what you have to do that day, the fight you had with your significant other, the bills you have to pay, etc.  You leave all that at the door and clear your mind.  Yoga is also very good exercise.  It improves your strength, flexibility, and endurance.  If you haven't tried yoga, I highly suggest it.  Don't worry about how flexible you are because yoga is very modifiable.  I am probably one of the least flexible persons you will ever meet, but I still love to do yoga (not as often as I should!) and find it very beneficial.  Although yoga has wonderful benefits, you have to find something that YOU enjoy doing.  So get out there and find a healthy way to channel that stress right out of your life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh you have such positive ways of dealing with it. I eat and eat and eat. Oh and I eat. haha i'm trying to get running in there instead. Yoga. I wish.