***Correction: I guess I finished 34th out of all the women and 11th in my age group and in 25:28... I'm not sure why there was a discrepancy between my time card and the results they posted on the internet... Either way, I beat my personal best! :)
07 March 2009
My Fastest 5k Ever
I ran the Run for Red 5k this morning. I had the goal of beating my fastest 5k time by at least a few seconds. My fastest 5k was the Run for Red back in 2006 and I averaged about eight and half minutes. So this morning, I just wanted to run a few seconds faster this time around. I was expecting to be able to use the mile markers and my watch to be able to pace myself but come to find out, there weren't any mile markers! I had no idea how fast or how slow I was going! So the only thing I could do was keep plugging away as hard as I could and hope I was running fast enough to beat my time. According to my time card, I crossed the finish line at 25:01.6 which means I averaged about eight minute miles, I finished 16th out of the women who ran and I won first place in my age group (25-34)! I was pretty excited. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ya either way, you ran like the wind.
I don't think I even sprint 8 minute miles! You did awesome!
good job Sara! That is really awesome.
The only thing I could do after a run like that is throw up...if I even made it to the finish! You are inspiring! wish I had been there to see it!
Post a Comment