16 July 2008
Crazy
I was sitting in a dimly lit room and I was looking down at a present in my lap. It was wrapped in dark colored paper. I was excited to open this present so I grabbed the paper and ripped it off. Below the first was another layer of the same paper. But there was something different this time, something that made me freeze in horror. Now, sitting on top of the present, and almost camouflaged, were two of the biggest spiders I had ever seen. And what's worse, they started to crawl toward me with such speed that they would have been on me within milliseconds if I hadn't had the presence of mind to fling the present, and the spiders with it, away from me. And then I woke up and realized it was just a dream. I laid in bed for a second, breathing deeply and telling myself that there were NOT two huge spiders in bed with me. After I had calmed myself down a little I noticed that my pillow was on the floor. I guess in the act of flinging the "present" I had actually flung my pillow. The feeling was like one of those falling dreams where you jerk awake, it was the weirdest thing ever. I usually don't have bad dreams (I think that was my second ever) like that and rarely even remember my dreams the next day. But this dream was vivid and scary enough that I didn't want to go back to sleep because I didn't want to dream about the spiders again. Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i think i traumatized you by my costa rica tales of spiders! i am so sorry!
That is not fun at all. I hate when dreams get crazy like that! And then you feel like you didn't sleep well.
BTW it was great to see you Sat.(For a second!)
I was going to say the same thing Emily did. No more reading the Betita's posts.
Sara, I would have probably screamed in my sleep. Sorry about the dream! What did you dream about last night? (haha)
I have a dream book. I am going to go look up your dream....
Ok. "The Book" says that spiders represent feminine capacity for creating something beautiful that has not existed before.
There are about 7 pages on spiders, so I will have you read up on your spider dream when you come over for your next hair appointment.
I chose that little piece b/c I felt calm reading it. Rather in your dream, you didn't sound so calm. So, we'll get your dream figured out...
Gross! I hate spiders. That would be the worst dream ever. One time when laying in bed my husband kind of jumped and started frantically brushing his head, neck, back, etc. I was sitting next to him on my laptop and he felt his hand connect with something and it flew off of him. We turned on the light and shook out the blankets but the spider was nowhere to be found. The next day I opened up my laptop..and there it was. One big spider smashed on my keyboard. I hate spiders and the thought that they could be in my bed.
When Mom and I stayed at auntie Nellie's house I slept in the "davenport" down stairs and she had made it up nice for me and I got Audrey ready for bed and then pulled the covers down and there was a big jumping spider that jumped from the mattress to the sheets only inches from my hand. It scared the ba-gee-zees out of me and I let out a little yelp and killed it. For the rest of the night I thought I had spiders on me.
Post a Comment