30 June 2008

Some things just don't mix

Like ultimate frisbee and dresses.  Or jet skiing and glasses.  

I went to a work bbq and after we had all eaten we decided to play ultimate frisbee.  The only problem was that I was wearing a sun dress because it had been so blasted hot that day.  But I didn't want to just sit on the side lines and watch, so I played.  The dress didn't really affect my playing except for a few times when I got knocked down or fell and had to worry about keeping myself covered.  Other than that is was fairly easy to play in a dress. 

And then just on Saturday a few of us went to the lake to jet ski.  I rode a stand up jet ski for the first time ever and, holy cow, was it SO MUCH FUN!  The only problem was that I was wearing glasses.  Not sun glasses but actual prescription glasses, you know, the kind that helps you see properly?  Anyway, at one point during my stand up jet ski experience I lost control during a turn and ended up in the drink.  As I was flying through the air, just before I hit the water, I put my hand to my face with the intent of holding onto my glasses but actually ended up plugging my nose.  Still not sure how that happened.  So needless to say that when my head surfaced from the murky lake water, my glasses were no longer on my face and no where to be seen.  It was a sad day after that because I could no longer see well enough to drive a jet ski, sit down or stand up.  Moral of the story? Get contacts or super glue your glasses to your face before attempting to jet ski!

4 comments:

Rick...the meek and mild said...

Yea, those glasses are wonderful but terrible for certain situations aren't they!

The Betitas said...

oh im sad that you lost your cute glasses! thats no fun, esp because replacing them is expensive!

Lori Buhr said...

I don't wear my contacts in the water because they can get rinsed right out if you're not careful. I guess if we didn't have the need to see clearly we wouldn't have to worry. How are you getting around without glasses?

Sara said...

I had a back up pair at my house so I just had to go a few hours with out them... :)