27 July 2008

Did you know...

if you don't monitor the oil in an older car closely, eventually the motor will burn up all the oil (or something to that effect)?  I think I vaguely did, but I didn't think it was important enough to check my oil all that often.  The result of not checking my oil all that often? My motor is kaput. Gone. Useless. Broken.  It would have been one thing, not to mention bad enough, if my poor little car just couldn't drive another mile because it was old and tired.  But the fact that I basically ruined it (and I'm pretty sure it still had awhile yet to go, it was a good car) because I failed to maintain it? It's enough to make a starving student want to cry!  And then to make matters worse, my last and only set of wheels (my bicycle), got stolen last night.  And that made me want to cry all over again!  But really, now that I've had time to think things through, it's not so bad.  My sister is going to let me use her unneeded car while I'm away at school.  And I hope whoever took my bike treats it nicely, needs it more than I did, and enjoys it!

9 comments:

melanie said...

ah! I am sorry Sar! What a great attitude you have about it though. I got a bike stolen in Provo that lent to a friend who didn't have a car too. That was a few years ago though.

inanechatter said...

Lol. Way to look at the bright side. That sucks though :(

Rick...the meek and mild said...

What is that one line of comfort us old people always like to offer...??? At least you still have your health.
Hang in there

Unknown said...

Oh goodness! I can totally empathize with you after having our car stolen then the bike we borrow get a flat the first day. Thanks for the reminder to check the oil though. And what a nice sister you have.

The Betitas said...

I still want to find the jerk that stole your bike and give him/her a swift kick in the shins.

Ashley Thalman said...

oh no!!! no! no! no! i am so sorry. that car i told you about is still for sale if needed...

Katie said...

Get your walkin' shoes on.

Haha.

That sucks.

Brooke said...

Oh Sara, that sucks! When did this happen? Those darn people who steel. Look how positive you are being about that? I like your attitude. Though I am a bit frustrated! I am going to call you.

Shaybaybobay said...

Sara! I'm sorry about all of that. I miss you terribly.
I love you.