03 January 2008

Preference

As many of you know, I prefer warm/hot weather. Winter and snow and cold are just not my thing. I thrive off of heat. I'm usually ok with cold weather until about this time of winter and then I'm ready for sunshine and warmth again. I'm constantly checking the weather to see how cold it's going to be or if it's supposed to snow or if maybe it'll warm up just the teeniest bit. It's something of an obsession, I guess. Well, for the rest of this winter, I've found a spot not too far away from where I'm living that's sunny and warm and is the perfect place to spend some of my weekends. Ok, so it's not supposed to be in the 80's or anything like that. The January average is 58 and I'll take that over 35 any old day. Hip hip hooray for the sun!

7 comments:

Ashley Thalman said...

i am oh so happy for your weather enjoyment and oh so with you that utah county needs a change.

Ashley Thalman said...

i love that you can be there

Lori Buhr said...

I finally invested in a "blue light" that people with seasonal affective disorder use. It gives off the same type of light as the sun. It helps me not to have the winter blahs and grummpies so much. I don't love the heat, but I sure dread the cold. Glad you've found a solution.

Katie said...

I am feeling EXACTLY the same way. I need to find my own happy place - because prozac starts to look really appealing about this time of year ...

melanie said...

I love the heat also. I think I drink more hot chocolate than anyone I know. I hate being cold.. Absolutely hate it..

The Betitas said...

My solution is to live in Phoenix! Hint hint.

Jen and Allen said...

Well then I will tell you that you can come up and vist me in ND. We are having a warm year. About this time of year we should be about 12-30 below every day on average but we are still seeing nice days of 12-30 above zero. Now thats a warm winter dont ya think? Congrads on your GPA, Love ya, Jen