24 January 2008

My Bright Spot

Today I decided that my apartment needed something to brighten it (and my mood) up a little bit. I made a trip to Wal-Mart not knowing exactly what it was that I wanted to get. As I perused the aisles looking for something bright and pretty, I stumbled across a very small section of plants. I looked through all of the greenery and didn't see anything that I liked particularly and was about to move on to something else. And then I saw it, and it was love at first sight. It was a very small plant whose tiny leaves looked like that of a an ivy plant. I had to get it. I bought a dark, but vibrant, blue pot to plant it in. And so now it sits on my kitchen table providing the brightening up that my apartment and I needed. Praised be green things that can grow indoors during the cold winter months!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Plants are great, so are flowers. Thank goodness for those things.

The Betitas said...

timmy has officially started gardening. we arent animal people so we take care of plants now.

Tevye said...

I am glad about you gardeners. If I had any advice for people it would be to grow plants and do gardening and avoid pets - especially big messy pets who tear up plants and gardens. Dogs have no respect for green things. Avoid winters for the same reason.

Lori Buhr said...

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." Isn't it amazing what one small beautiful thing can do to brighten up life. A genuine smile is another thing I love, like your mother's smile!