30 October 2007

Just Backin' Up My Theory

If you will remember, a few posts back, I commented on how hard it is down here to get a boy's attention? And how you feel like you're waiting in line? WELL, I went on a date tonight. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "Sara? Sara went on a date?!" The boy called me at about 4:30 asking if I wanted to go to dinner and a concert that the SUU band was putting on. I said "yes, that sounds like fun" and he said that he would come pick me up at about 6:45. I was pretty excited, granted I didn't know the boy at all having met him on Sunday night through my roommate, and a little nervous (ok, A LOT nervous). Then, I get a phone call a whole 2 minutes later, "Umm, I have a friend who wants to go to the band concert with us, so can we move dinner up? I need to go pick her up just before the concert." Yes, HER. So I said of course that was fine. And you're thinking, "Oh come on Sara, she's probably just a friend of his." And I say to that, "Yes, she probably is and I really don't care because I don't even know the kid, I'm just proving my point." He came and picked me up. We went to dinner, it was fun. He was nice. I decided that I wasn't really "in" to him. Dinner is over, and it's time to go pick up this other girl. And he basically tells me that he has to go pick her up because "I mean, I called her first." So, there is proof that there really is a waiting list and you gotta be on it if you want attention 'round here! Like I said, just backin' up my theory.

5 comments:

Emily said...

boys are idiots. pure and simple.

Ashley Thalman said...

i have been trying so hard to find your blog! hurrah i found it!
how are things?

Katie said...

OK - don't ever go out with him again. That was totally lame.

Lori Buhr said...

Some wonderful guy is going to figure it out, someday, have faith! I think you're wonderful!

Ashley Thalman said...

that 'ashley'blog should be inactive. i would remove it if i could, but i can't-you may want to since i will never remove it or update it:(