26 June 2012

Pull-ups, revisited

So almost exactly 2 years ago I wrote this and this.  I kind of gave up on ever being able to do pull-ups because they were just too hard.  A couple of months ago, I ran a 5k with my sister-in-law and then went to a health fair right after we finished.  At the health fair they had people doing pull-ups for a free day pass to the local rec center.  On a white board they had written "assisted" and "unassisted" and then names underneath each with the amount of pull-ups that person could do.  I was interested to see what an "assisted" pull-up was so I hung around to watch.  I was amazed as I watched one of the staff running the booth attach an exercise band to the pull-up bar, hook one of her feet into it and then commence doing pull-ups!  It opened up a whole new world for me!  I didn't know why I hadn't thought of it!  I have a pull-up bar and I have an exercise band...  So now, it's just taken me this long to give it a try.  I started doing pull-ups today.  I can do 5 assisted pull-ups (with a little help from a chair, which is another technique I saw online).  I'm excited to watch my progress!  Hopefully soon, I can do a few unassisted pull-ups as well!

1 comment:

Jen and Allen said...

Awesome... eversince I had my C section with Audrey I havent even botherd to try... they are so hard and I was afraid of splitting my incission open! Good luck keep us posted.