06 September 2011

Six or seven years ago, there was this guy who was interested in my oldest sister.  During this time, I was taking a math class that I was struggling with.  As a favor, my sister asked said guy if he would tutor me in said math class.   He said he would.  The semester came and went and I thanked my tutor for all of his help and we went our separate ways.  My sister and my tutor also went their separate ways, having found that they weren't all that interested.  Well, about a year ago, my tutor found and friended my sister on Facebook which was no small feat because her Facebook name in no way, shape, or form resembles her actual or maiden name.  After some thought my sister thought she would reunite my tutor and me.  After asking both of us if we were interested in going on a date and after working out some miscommunications (where my tutor thought that I wasn't interested in going out with him), we finally got a sort-of blind date set up.  To be honest, neither one of us had very high expectations that we (as a couple) were going to have much potential.  So I think it was somewhat of a shock, at least for me, when at the close of our first date I was thinking that I really kinda liked this former math tutor of mine.  And he obviously really kinda liked me because he asked me out on a few more dates after the first.  And so here we are almost a year later!

John + Sara October 22, 2011

2 comments:

inanechatter said...

Yay!! Thanks for the details. Congratulations and all that ;). By the way, I cannot believe how long your hair is. So pretty!

Jen and Allen said...

Yea now for those of us who live in Japan I want a pic of the front if its not to much to ask. So happy for you!