11 March 2011
Warming up.
I'm so glad that the weather is finally starting to warm up a little! I absolutely, positively am NOT a fan of winter AT ALL! Although the weather is making me one happy camper, that's not the kind of warming up I was alluding to. The kind of warming up I am referring to is what your body does at the beginning of your workout. So, the better shape you're in, the easier it is to warm up when you're running. You get all warmed up with in the first mile or so and then you start feeling really good, right? WRONG! I've read that the better shape you're in, the LONGER it takes to warm up. It doesn't make any sense to me at all but I know that it's true because it happens to me every time I go for a run. You'd think my short run days would be the easier runs and sometimes they are. But more often than not, I get 3, 4, 5 miles into a run and I'm still thinking, "This. Is. Not. Worth it! It's so hard!" And then I hit mile 6 and start thinking that running is a piece of cake and I don't know what I was griping about before. It's the weirdest thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I envy you. I wish I could manage to WALK down the freaking street, I lack major motivation over here. Not even exaggerating when I say I've probably gained 20 lbs.
I love you girl, keep up the running. Miss you!!
Post a Comment