I just read an article from a running magazine and it articulated how I feel about running pretty perfectly... Here's what it said, "...I never intended to start running in the first place. Who would care if I stopped? I would care and here's why: I love running, even when I hate it. There is that moment about six miles into an 8-mile run when I get a surge of energy and have the presence of mind to look around and be grateful that I am alive and healthy and strong. There are those runs where I feel like a superhero bounding across the universe....where sun shines through golden fall leaves and paints a beautiful pattern along the trail. There are those mornings when I know my friends are battling hangovers and I'm breathing in fresh air under a pink-hued sky. Then there are the times when I have the good sense to leave my Ipod at home and let my own thoughts fuel my run. And that is why I love running even when I hate it. My feet are ugly, but my head is clear." --Taken from Running: A Love/Hate Story by Tiffany Quay Tyson
And from an Asics shoe advertisement I read this: "Unless you do something about it, negativity just hangs around. But when you run, you shed worries like drops of sweat. And at the end of every run, you catch your breath as a new person."
Yep. That about sums it up for me!
2 comments:
Oh! I love the Running: A Love-Hate. That's totally my relationship with it.
Makes me want to start running!
Post a Comment