16 December 2010
I'm giving myself a big ol' pat on the back...
My cousin and I have been running together since about August. We usually average about 9.5 minutes per mile. We're always pretty proud when we average less per mile. But we've never broken 9 minutes per mile until tonight. We both started out not really feeling it. We were both tired and dreading running 6 miles. But once we got running we just couldn't seem to slow down despite the fact that I kept saying things like, "Ok, if I'm going to make it the full 6 I've GOT to slow down!" or, "I'm gonna go slower up this hill so I can make it!". Anyway, we averaged 8 minutes and 46 seconds per mile. It's been over a year since I've gone that fast for that distance. I must say that we were feeling pretty happy when we looked at our time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go girls!
Post a Comment