15 June 2009
I've volunteered at the Family Support and Crisis Center here a few times. Working only 25 hours a week with nothing else to fill my time leaves me with a lot of time to kill. I figured I'd do something constructive during that time. So, I picked volunteering at the Crisis Center. I thought I'd get a good warm, fuzzy feeling from doing it. And I guess I do get a little of that but the worst part comes when I tell those kids I've been playing with that I'm leaving. It's heart-breaking to watch their faces fall. Because the last thing they need is someone else leaving them. I'm going to keep doing it, though, because I feel like I'm doing some good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yes you are. good job
That is awesome that you are helping out. It is a good way to spend free time and you could make a difference in someone's life.
Way to go!
Good for you - the world is full of need, real need, that goes unfulfilled. Christ loved little children in a special way. Serving them is always a good thing.
You are so sweet, Sara. I'm glad you're doing that to fill your time.
You're a good example to all of us. We could a give more to help others.
Post a Comment