Yesterday, as a conference treat, I made a box of brownies (and making them made me remember something that I did in high school, which I'll write about momentarily). But instead of using the eggs, oil, and water, I blended up some black beans and used them as the liquid part. Now, don't be hatin'. I know it sounds weird, but after they're all mixed up and baked, you can't even taste the black beans. The only difference that I could detect was that the texture was more like cake than brownies. They were good. So if you're interested... You take a can of black beans, drain off the liquid and then while the beans are still in the can, fill it up with water. Blend the beans/water and then mix them into a brownie mix. Follow the box directions for baking.
The real purpose of this post is to relate a story about brownies from when I was in high school. A friend and I had heard from someone (I can't remember who told us) that if you put a certain substance (I can't remember the substance) into brownies (or any food for that matter, brownies just hid the blue coloring), it would make the urine of the person who ate them turn a bluish green. So, of course we had to try it. We got a brownie mix and the substance and whipped up a batch of brownies and gave them to the boy next door to eat. After he had eaten them, we told him what was going to happen... and my friend and I both had to eat a few to see if it was really going to work. And the next day, what do you know, we were both peeing green. When we asked the boy next door if it had worked on him, he said it had and he hadn't flushed the urinal at school so as to let the person who stumbled upon it ponder over what would cause a person to have green urine. As would be expected from a bunch of crazy high schoolers, we were all laughing hysterically by the end of the day.
5 comments:
Where did you get such a crazy and awesome idea as putting beans in brownies! Im definitely going to have to try that. THis isn't a late april fools joke is it?
wow!! that is a great trick.. That could have been a great April Fools trick... Hmmm... we will have to try it..
i just saw a photo of you on em's blog with that short sassy sexy hair. you go! YES YES i want to run the run in May...is the offer still on the table?
I am here to testify that it was not an April Fool's joke. I was a skeptic but I tasted and enjoyed and I tasted again and enjoyed again and I tasted again and enjoyed again and, well, you get the idea.
I love it! I am going to do this with Rick and not tell him what is going on. Crossing my fingers that he'll laugh with me on this one....
Post a Comment