I like to give blood. It's one of my very favorite things to do. I always think about how I would feel if I was in the position of needing a blood transfusion; I would hope that there would be someone out there who would be willing to take the time to donate their blood in order to help someone in need. So I try to be that person who is willing to help. I say that donating is one of my favorite things to do... Let me clarify: I don't like going in and having to read all the criteria for donating; I HATE getting my finger pricked, it hurts and almost always leaves a bruise for a day or two (it's the worst part of donating, in my opinion; and I always, with out fail, get a little squeamish just before they insert that huge needle into my arm (I have to have a water bottle with me before this occurs or else I'm afraid I'll pass out... it's a psychological thing). Once the needle is in my arm, it rarely takes me more than 5 minutes to finish the donation, which is very nice indeed. But I guess what I love so much about it is the fact that, when I'm finished donating, I've given someone a little part of me and I've done a little bit of good and hopefully helped to relieve, in the most minute way, the stress of someone's situation.
Reading back through what I've written, giving blood seems a silly thing to be so passionate about, but passionate I am. That's all there is to it. ;)
2 comments:
You're so great to do this. I have given up, they get tired of me passing out each time I donate. I am proud of you and I am grateful for people like you.
give life. give blood. sounds like a pretty good gift to me:)
Post a Comment