Well, I guess you can't expect everyone to have the same cleanliness standards as you do! And, I mean, it's no big deal if it's their house, right? But it gets a little harder when you're LIVING with a bunch of people who don't know the same definition of "clean" as you do. And it gets even harder when the people that lived there before you definitely didn't understand the word. I personally don't think that covering the pantry floor with plastic bags after you've spilled something and then forgetting about it counts as cleaning up after yourself, do you? Well somebody did. Because that's what I found today after cleaning out the pantry. I was wondering about the smell that came from the pantry every time the door was open... Sick. The refrigerator is a whole different ball game! It was worse than the pantry. Eggs that dated back to April, tupperware full of unidentifiable substances, and I haven't even wiped it out yet. I'm a bit nervous for that part.
Other than that, I don't have any complaints about roommates. We all get along swimmingly. ;)
2 comments:
You are so sweet! I can see you cleaning up after all your housemates. After 25 years plus of living with a whole family of people who could care less if the house was ever cleaned or the dishes were ever washed I have learned to do it for myself it I do it at all and not to be mad if they don't do it. They really don't appreciate all the effort I put into it when I do it for them so I do what makes me happy, because it keeps me sane, but I have learned not to expect cooperation, help or gratitude for it. Maybe though, they will start to follow your clean example.
Yeah. Im trying to train my husband to be to rinse his dish after he eats. Im trying this compromise thing...if I cook, you clean.. Type of a set up. We will see if it works. So far, a lot of talk and no walk. Who knows though, miracles happen. Maybe your roomates will wake up one morning and be super OCD house cleaners. Ive heard crystal meth helps with that.
Post a Comment