28 January 2011
Sugar free (or nearly, at least)
One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to cut sugar from my diet. Sugar adds a lot of empty calories so I figured I'd try to eat more nature made sweets. Like clementines. And applesauce (with out added sugar of course). And almonds (they have just a hint of sweetness). Almonds and applesauce are actually really good together! Who'd have thought? My all time favorite so far, though, are freeze dried asian pears. They are SO good and sweet! I love non-freeze dried, fully hydrated asian pears, too. I haven't cut refined sugar completely out of my diet and I blame that on running. As crazy as this sounds, during my long runs, I eat candy at the half way point (or sooner depending on how long of a run it is) because my body can use that sugar as a quick source of fuel. I also drink chocolate milk after my runs because apparently it has been scientifically proven to be one of the best recovery drinks for women. I'm definitely not complaining about that one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was addicited to Chocolate milk huh now I know why.
Post a Comment