29 September 2010

Comparison of Strides

Here is me crossing the finish line at the Moab Half marathon this year in March:

Here is me crossing the finish line at the Little Grand Canyon half marathon just 2 weeks ago:
2010LGC - 28982010LGC - 28972010LGC - 2896

In the 6 months between these two races, I switched up my stride pretty drastically. If you notice in the Moab pictures, I'm landing on my heel first. In the Little Grand Canyon pictures, I'm landing more the front of my foot. Landing on the front of your foot is supposed to be the healthier way to run. When I was first trying to change my stride it was ridiculous how sore my calves would get! My calves finally got used to it but the skin right under my big toes is still trying to get used to it and I have the ugly blisters to prove it!

No comments: