10 February 2010

My Life Lately

While looking through a road race guide, I saw a number of phrases in advertisements that ring true to my life right now...

Utah Valley Marathon: The Pain You Enjoy
Asics: Sound Mind, Sound Body
Do you have what it takes? (I ask myself this often while running.)
Asics: How concrete learns forgiveness.
Mizuno: Never Settle.
Mizuno: Ashphalt. It's what's for breakfast. (This one especially since we've been getting up anywhere from 5 to 5:30 am to go running)

Running is somewhat all encompassing, all consuming in my life right now. It's a love/hate relationship, really. I love running. I love getting out there and pounding out the miles. I take pride in my abilities. But it is SO HARD sometimes to make myself go do it. So I guess it's love 90%/hate 10%. I think a lot of people can relate.

We are training to run the Moab Half Marathon and The Happy Valley Relay Lake Chase. I also recently got invited to run the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. Add to those: Run for Red 5k, Utah Summer Games 5k and 10k, the Freedom Run 10k, and The Little Grand Canyon Half Marathon, just to name a few. So many races, so little time! It's nice to have things to look forward to.

3 comments:

The Betitas said...

This running thing is amazing to me! It takes so much determination! I admire you so much for doing it!

Katie said...

The Grand Canyon Half Marathon?!That sounds awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! good post to read right now because i'm running 7 miles today and I need a reminder why i'm doing it! haha