08 August 2009
At the back of the pack.
I ran the midnight moon run in Sandy, Ut last night. It was pretty cool. I had never run a 5k at night. I was with my friend who didn't want me to leave her so I ran/walked the race with her. People always talk about how crazy amazing those super fast runners are but I got a different angle of the race last night. I've never been at the tail end of a race before and those people who are bound and determined to finish that race despite disability, extra weight, etc. are pretty amazing, too. I over heard one woman behind me say, "If I can just keep at this pace I'll beat my fastest time which is 45 minutes." Which is the right attitude to have. It was pretty cool. Kudos to those of you who stick with it! Keep on keepin' on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment