13 June 2009
The results are in...
Drum roll please... I beat my fastest 5k time by about 2 minutes! I had set my goal for this 5k at 25 minutes flat which would have beat my fastest 5k time by about half a minute. Well, I picked a girl to try to pace myself against who medaled in the 10k yesterday in my age group. Oh man she was pretty hard to keep up with and I made the mistake of passing her during the last mile... and in the last mile I started to die and had to slow down and she passed me. I think if I had stayed just behind her I would have been able to keep up with her and get a better time. On a more nauseating side note, the woman who finished just in front of me pushed herself a little bit too hard. I could see her heaving while we were waiting to get out of the chute and I kept thinking, "Please don't puke right here, please don't puke right here..." Luckily she was able to hang in there until she could get to a grassy area. I've never been able to push myself that hard. ANYWAY... my final time was 23:39. 7:36 per mile. 4th in my age group (I missed a medal by ONE!!!). 16th out of all the women who ran. That's what I call accomplishing goals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh Im so proud of you... someday I hope to have the determination to do something like that. Way to go!
Really Sara! That is so inspiring to me. Keep it up:) Congrats on your success!
You're so strong! I admire your drive and determination and the way you set goals for yourself. What a Woman!
Post a Comment