I love running because I can see and feel the benefits of doing it. Here are just a few things that I've noticed in my own experience:
- I'm a lot more lean when I'm running than when I'm not
- My body feels good, like it's working properly
- I'm regular. It definitely helps my digestive system do its job!
- I feel more confident in various situations
- My PMS symptoms are not nearly as bad as they are when I'm not exercising
- It helps me to curb the emotions that I'd rather not have (anger, depression, etc)
- It increases my motivation level, I feel like I have the drive to get a lot more accomplished if I have been running
- It gives me a sense of mental toughness and accomplishment, I like being able to look back and say, "Look at how hard that was, but it was SO worth it!"
Running is not a cure-all but it definitely helps me in a lot of different ways!!! So here is my challenge to you: Go on a quest to find out what activity you can do for exercise that you enjoy doing... and then GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!! It's so good for you!
4 comments:
i need to get over my barrier! im stuck and don't know why. why is it so hard to get started?
Good for you. I hate to wrok out I mean I filp a coin and most of the time say that I would rather be fat than work out... Yes I hate it that much. I spent my first 20 years of my life trying to gain weight... so losing it the last 4 years or so has been hard. You inspre me and if I think of some thing to do and do it I will let you know!
Oh i love it i love it i love it. This post is so motivational! I'm going to go run a half marathon right now! haha. well ok, maybe just a 5 K right now.
Thanks for motivating me. I wish you were up here to now help motivate me with my weight training.
I have learned to love it too! I always disliked running, but now I crave it.
Post a Comment